These are some conclusions about running a business that I have come to after 19 years in Vistage and working with hundreds of CEOs.
1) If you are worried about an action that has to be taken, you have already waited too long so do it now.
2) Partnerships are tough. Consider owning the business yourself.
3) Tragedy happens. Grieve and move on.
4) Passion for business and life comes and goes. If you are down, you will be up again.
5) Do not forget to work on yourself. Though fixing yourself is hard work, it makes fixing the business easier.